Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some New Year's Cheer

As a new year, I've decided to do something new in my blog. Every day (or whenever I get around to posting) I'm going to feature an Etsy seller! There are so many wonderful people with amazing items in the world of Etsy and they need a lot more credit, so I'm going to do my part to give it to them.
Most of the sellers I feature will have under 75 sales 'cause they need the most exposure!

TODAY'S FEATURED SELLER:
FreakLoveProducts
This talented seller makes and sells her own high quality chokers, necklaces, bracelets and plugs/gauges (for gauging ears).
Check her out!




I couldn't sleep so I was up on Stumble Upon, and I came across this page: http://rinkworks.com/said/courtroom.shtml
It's real things said in a courtroom by lawyers and witnesses. My favorite?

* Lawyer: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?"
* Witness: "No."
* Lawyer: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
* Witness: "No."
* Lawyer: "Did you check for breathing?"
* Witness: "No."
* Lawyer: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?"
* Witness: "No."
* Lawyer: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?"
* Witness: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
* Lawyer: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
* Witness: "Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere."

Then this one:
* Lawyer: "Doctor, did you say he was shot in the woods?"
* Witness: "No, I said he was shot in the lumbar region."


I laughed so hard my husband nearly woke up.


On a different note, I love a new year. I think I've needed a new one to roll around since about 4 months ago. Everything feels so fresh and clean.
I think my New Years resolution is to work harder on my business; make it a real job. I'll hopefully do something related to it 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. The best part about it is I don't have to listen to anyone but myself and I can pee any time I want xD I also can watch Law and Order SVU all day! I can sew to it, work with clay to it, even promote to it if it's an episode I've already seen.

No comments: